Sunday, October 23, 2011

Logan Faerber

Logan Faerber is the writer and artist of Grampire. Today he’s talking with us about horror and his story.

  • What are scarier, thunderstorms, roller coasters, or clowns? Thunderstorms that rain clowns. 
  • Logan, do you have a favorite type of horror?Zombies, because they can technically fit into any genre. 
  • What inspired you to write this story?
    I wanted to do something with humor rather than follow the horror mainstream; I thought it would be a nice change of pace.
  • Is there anything you specifically wanted to draw and did it influence your Grampire?
    Honestly, I just wanted to draw an old guy vampire.
  • What storytelling medium do you think serves horror best?
    I seriously think that video games have the opportunity to be the best medium since you as the player are experiencing the horror first hand, taking control of the main character. As for my most utilized medium though, that would be movies; usually for the cheesiness factor, so that might not count.
  • What is your favorite horror story and why?
    My favorite horror story is Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho because it is beautifully written and directed, and it deals with the psyche of the human mind, which is definitely something we can all relate to.
  • What was your first exposure to horror?
    My first exposure to horror was Aliens. I saw it when I was 6ish, around the same time as Terminator 2; they have since stayed with me as very strong childhood connections.
  • What do you like best and least about the horror genre?
    My favorite thing about the horror genre is the wonderfully crafted makeup and set designs created by the artists. My least favorite thing about the horror genre is the incessant need to include rappers, that's right Snoop Dogg, into sequel number I don't care anymore.I think it’s fair to say Snoop Dogg is the Gene Simmons of rap. There isn’t anything he won’t do if the price is right.
  • What’s your horror guilty pleasure?The Thing, Slither, Dead Alive, and Dead Snow. Really anything with ridiculous violence and gore makeup. I find it all fascinating.
  • Who do you consider a master of horror?
    Literature master of horror is most definitely Edgar Allen Poe. Movie wise it would be Alfred Hitchcock, hands down.
  • Is there anything you want the readers to know about your story?
    Please don't imagine any color or music added, but please feel free to read it out loud to children like a kid's book. If you chose to do this, please send me video at loganfaerber@gmail.com. I will appreciate it more than you can imagine.
  • Are clowns ever funny?
    Yes, in a very awkward sense.

That’s a very diplomatic answer Logan. Thanks for speaking with us.

No comments: